incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: proposed directory structure on dist
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:49:40 GMT
On 4/27/12 5:32 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> 2012/4/27 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> to be prepared for the upcoming release I plan to use the following
>> directory structure on
>>
>> https://www.apache.org/dist/**incubator/ooo<https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo>
>>
>> Existing
>> 3.3
>> 3.3/patches
>> 3.3/patches/cve-2012-0037/...
>> DATE
>> KEYS
>>
>> New added:
>> 3.4.0/source
>> 3.4.0/windows/...
>> 3.4.0/windows/languagepacks/..**.
>> 3.4.0/macos/...
>> 3.4.0/macos/languagepacks/...
>> 3.4.0/linux-x86/...
>> 3.4.0/linux-x86/languagepacks/**...
>> 3.4.0/linux-x86-64/...
>> 3.4.0/linux-x86-64/**languagepacks/...
>>

>> 16 languages: en-US ar cs de en-GB es fr gl hu it ja nl ru pr-BR zh-CN
>> zh-TW
>>
>> Do we need to prepare or adapt the download page?
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> Juergen--
>
> This will considerably change the current logic being used. Is there some
> reason you don't want to use the existing setup of:
>
> root DL area/files/stable/3.4/...
> root DL area/files/localized/3.4/...
>
> see:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/

I had a look to other projects in the dist folder on Apache and looked
what we already have.

 From my point of view the old structure doesn't really make too much sense.

Why should we for example put the localized bit in separate directories
when we have the language Id as part of the name?

And we have only stable releases in the future. Ok we will have archives
of older versions but that's it.

Do we have the time to adapt it to the new structure. We should do it ow
if possible.

What do others think?

Juergen