incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <>
Subject Re: [RC testing]Problems with ICU regexp engine and other problems that returned
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 05:20:09 GMT

> if you use search / replace with regexp and on the
> "replace" box insert a reference, you'll get $1 instead of the
> reference. For example, searching for duplicated words with
> \b(\w+) *\1\b
> and writing
> $1
> on replace, the duplicated word will be replaced by $1 instead of the
> single word.
The concrete problem is that either
   ReplaceBackReferences() in main/sw/source/ui/uiview/viewsrch.cxx
should be updated to understand the advanced features of ICU regexp or
what would IMHO be the better solution: WriterEngine or EditEngine
should simply trust the result of the Regexp machinery.

> Another problem that was fixed but returned is the autoreplace that do
> not match case of the target word. For example, if you type
> "onomatopoeia" and then start typing ONOM... you'll end with
> ONOMatopeia, i.e., mixed case. That also worked on a previous dev
> build.

That seems to be unrelated to the RegExp replacement. Do you happen to
remember which version had that feature? It somehow reminds me of

View raw message