incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE} a few DL questions...
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:31:19 GMT
Am 04/26/2012 06:11 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> I've been working on a prototype of the DL button in the /download/test
> area given our discussions about split mirror setup for 3.4 etc. I have
> a few more edits to do before sending out a notification about final
> review (later today).
>
> But...I have a few questions for this release.
>
> * The DL scripts have a good amount of logic surrounding the
> naming/download of 3.2 and 3.1 releases-- the "old" naming schema. Since
> we won't be providing "friendly" DL buttons for these anymore, is it
> safe to pull this stuff out?

Yes, there is no usage anymore for the old file name structure that was
used for Bounce. And because Bounce is no longer used, too, also the DL
logic for Bouncer links can be deleted.

But here and there it's deeply mixed-up with the "normal" DL logic. So,
to do it safely will be very tricky. Maybe it's OK to leave it as it is
for now and delete that stuff step-by-step when the release is done.

> * DL locations for Mac PPC and FreeBSD are as follows (excuse wrapping):
>
> var MIRROR_MAC_PPC_URL =
> "http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/macosppc/";
> var MIRROR_FREEBSD32_URL =
> "http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/freebsdx86/";
> var MIRROR_FREEBSD64_URL =
> "http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/freebsdx86-64/";
>

> Will this still be the case or will all versions be served from either
> Apache or SourceForge? The DL logic needs to be changed if this
> alternate URL is not used.

I would appreciate it very much when Maho and Petro can contribute the
builds to the mirror systems. As Good-day.net is no longer existing (at
least the domain) there needs to be a new download location anyway. Then
linking will be much easier. Otherwise there needs to be additional logic.

Of course this applies also to the OS/2 builds from Yuri and others.

Marcus