incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:37:23 GMT
On 25.04.2012 04:18, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Dave Fisher<dave2wave@comcast.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On Apr 22, 2012, at 1:21 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

[...]
>>> (3) When building from source there was no warning about the inclusion of Category
B? I think that the Building Guide should be edited to more clearly explain the ext_sources
and ext_libraries. I know we have the information. It is more making this clear. Again, I'm
not sure if it a SHOULD or a MUST for a build to pause and get explicit permission to download
category B.

>> If you build with the default build flags, then you get no category B
>> code.  If you want category B code then you need to explicitly add
>> those command-line build flags.  Maybe the impact of these flags needs
>> to be clearer in the Building Guide?
>
> Yes, that would be great.

I tried to do that (see [1]).  Please check if I succeeded.

Andre

[1]
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#Configuration_and_bootstrapping

[...]