incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:20:40 GMT
Guenter Marxen wrote:
> OOo installing with param "-a" or "/a" was a means to use a new version
> (without system integration on Windows) parallel to the old.
> I hope that this is also possible with OOo 3.4 and later with AOO 4. Can
> anybody confirm this?

I've been reported so, but I didn't check personally. However, keep in
mind that if you are going to share your profile among different
versions (which will happen in this case) I've seen QA reports about
instability and, for people who uninstalled 3.4 and went back to 3.3,
broken extensions management: OpenOffice 3.4 has a different extensions
management and, while it will do its best to migrate installed
extensions, it won't restore the previous situation upon uninstalling,
leaving you with (for example) broken dictionaries.

Regards,
   Andrea.