incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:01:52 GMT
Hi G√ľnter,

Guenter Marxen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a longtime user of StarOffice and OpenOffice and participated many
> years in dev@de.openoffice.org and in testing OOo and will continue this
> with AOO.

You are welcome.

[..]
> When the "feature" to replace the old version in any case was introduced
> (IIRC with OOo 2) I had a long discussion in dev@de.openoffice.org, but
> the bad decision (IMO) was not corrected.
>
> Nobody who is working on large documents can risk to change his writing
> tool. They will not replace f.e. OOo 3.3 with OOo 3.4 and so much
> intensive testing will not take place.
>
> OOo installing with param "-a" or "/a" was a means to use a new version
> (without system integration on Windows) parallel to the old.
>
> I hope that this is also possible with OOo 3.4 and later with AOO 4. Can
> anybody confirm this?

Yes, it is still possible for version 3.4 by the same way. I don't
remember, whether it is possible to copy over the user folder. If you
notice problems with extensions for example, you should start with a
new, default user folder.

No plans exist yet, whether a AOO 4 will replace a AOO 3.4.

Kind regards
Regina