incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unifying download logic, especially from NL pages?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:00:47 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> It is the NL pages that I
> am concerned about, since they have hard-coded logic that differs from
> the above pages.

The Italian one is probably the worst at the moment, since it has
hard-coded links (to the Italian mirror; this is a relatively recent
change to avoid depending on the changing mirror situation), hard-coded
version numbers in the download page and even a hard-coded directory for
the download page.

While I see it changing (at the very least, the download link will be
pointing to the SF/MirroBrain URL and not to a specific mirror), I'm not
sure that the convenience of an API to generate links will always
outweigh the added complexity: a link to the 'latest' version would have
to be changed, for example, if a version-specific security patch is
released, like it happened for 3.3.0.

Regards,
   Andrea.