incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 23:01:16 GMT
+1 (PPMC)

NB: installed the 64bit DEB on Ubuntu 11.10, no problem for the moment.
Thanks for this code release!

Hagar

Le Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:58:24 +0800, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> a écrit
:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache OpenOffice 3.4
(incubating). This will be the first incubator release for Apache OpenOffice and a key milestone
to continue the success of OpenOffice.org.

> This release candidate provides the following important key changes compared to former
OpenOffice releases:
> (1) Code clean up to remove all copyleft components and external dependencies
> (2) Reworked or introduced LICENSE and NOTICE file to reflect and document the used licenses
of the code itself as well as of external 3rd party libraries
> (3) MD5, SHA1, SHA512 hashes and GPG signatures for all of artifacts
>
> For a detailed feature overview please see the release notes under https://cwiki.apache.org/OOOUSERS/aoo-34-release-notes.html.
>
> The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary releases for 16 languages)
and further information how to verify and review Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) can be
found on the following wiki page:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+%28incubating%29+Release+Candidate
>

> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating).
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
> UTC midnight Wednesday, 25 April: 2012-04-25 24:00 UTC.
>
> After the vote of the PPMC the vote will start on general@incubtor.apache.org mailing
and will be open for further 72 hours.
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like to provide a
release that is supported by the majority of our project members.