incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 00:58:24 GMT
Hi all,

this is a call for vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating). This will be the first incubator release
for Apache OpenOffice and a key milestone to continue the success of
OpenOffice.org.

This release candidate provides the following important key changes
compared to former OpenOffice releases:
(1) Code clean up to remove all copyleft components and external
dependencies
(2) Reworked or introduced LICENSE and NOTICE file to reflect and
document the used licenses of the code itself as well as of external 3rd
party libraries
(3) MD5, SHA1, SHA512 hashes and GPG signatures for all of artifacts

For a detailed feature overview please see the release notes under
https://cwiki.apache.org/OOOUSERS/aoo-34-release-notes.html.

The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary
releases for 16 languages) and further information how to verify and
review Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) can be found on the following
wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+%28incubating%29+Release+Candidate

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating).

The vote starts now and will be open until:

    UTC midnight Wednesday, 25 April: 2012-04-25 24:00 UTC.

After the vote of the PPMC the vote will start on
general@incubtor.apache.org mailing and will be open for further 72 hours.
But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
members.

    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating)
    [ ]  0 Don't care