incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Has the AOO 3.4 RC been released?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:28:11 GMT
Christoph Jopp wrote:
> There still seems to be a misunderstanding. ...
> The other thing was that with announcing and publishing Beta Versions
> and Release Candidates also people without a close connection to the
> project were attracted to "test" or maybe better to "try out" the new
> version. And their "bug hunting" might be of some value.

Yes, sure. While we encourage volunteers to help in an "organized" way,
"brave users" or "bug hunters" are welcome too. The main problem I see
is to provide them with a clear channel for bug reporting/triaging: some
of them will report bugs on a mailing list, but won't bother filing a
Bugzilla issue. For localized QA the localized mailing lists could do
the job, for general QA would it make sense to refer users to the newly
created QA list? (Of course the best solution would be to have everybody
file their issues properly in Bugzilla, but we can't expect this from
everybody).

Regards,
   Andrea