incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Jopp <j...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Has the AOO 3.4 RC been released?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:35:44 GMT
There still seems to be a misunderstanding.

Am 19.04.2012 14:44, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 19/04/2012 Christoph Jopp wrote:
>> Plus, I think you will find more people to take part in bug hunting
>> (fun) than doing "disciplined" QA (work).
>
> Not necessarily. Contrary to what people might think, the "community" QA
> activities have traditionally been very structured: each volunteer
> received a few dozens very specific tests to run and reported the
> results back. We're following the same pattern for the ongoing community
> tests on the Italian version, by assigning each volunteer specific
> categories of tests from the wiki page.

I know that there was done really good QA work by the OpenOffice.org QA
community and not only by SUN employees.
I also agree that this kind of work really has to be done and it would
be really cool to have a similar strong QA community in the Apache
project. I also found it big news, when you said there are around 20
people doing this for the Italian version.

The other thing was that with announcing and publishing Beta Versions
and Release Candidates also people without a close connection to the
project were attracted to "test" or maybe better to "try out" the new
version. And their "bug hunting" might be of some value.