incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Has the AOO 3.4 RC been released?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:44:04 GMT
On 19/04/2012 Christoph Jopp wrote:
> Plus, I think you will find more people to take part in bug hunting
> (fun) than doing "disciplined" QA (work).

Not necessarily. Contrary to what people might think, the "community" QA
activities have traditionally been very structured: each volunteer
received a few dozens very specific tests to run and reported the
results back. We're following the same pattern for the ongoing community
tests on the Italian version, by assigning each volunteer specific
categories of tests from the wiki page.

Then of course volunteers are still volunteers and you can't demand that
they do their tests and respect deadlines, but this method was quite
effective so far.

Regards,
   Andrea.