incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Has the AOO 3.4 RC been released?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:31:41 GMT
On 4/18/12 10:16 PM, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
> when providing an OOo snapshot as a release candidate binaries were
> signed. Will this be the case with the first RC provided for AOO ?
> Kind regards, Joost

when you mean if we can sign the windows binary with an official Apache
certificate to avoid warning message during the installation etc. then
no. This is an open topic where I have asked questions on the list and
asked for advice from our mentors how to proceed. Maybe  I have overseen
something but we have no answer yet.

I will focus on a clarification asap when I have the time for it becasue
it is important. A signed binary (not the already provided signing of
the download packages)) will increase the trust in our project,
organization etc. It should be of high interest for Apache as well.

View raw message