incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Has the AOO 3.4 RC been released?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:07:42 GMT

On 04/18/2012 03:51 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Rob Weir:
>> we want to be
>> testing much earlier in the project cycle.  That is why Lily sent
>> several notes to the list, months ago, asking for help testing AOO dev
>> snapshots.  I don't think anyone offered to help, despite these
>> several requests :-(

Is this really true? I was under the impression folks had been
downloading and testing for at least a month or so now when requests
came up or new developer versions became available. I think maybe folks
HAVE been downloading but not giving any "formal" feedback in direct
response to (specifically) Lily's request. Maybe posts to ooo-users
and/or ooo-announcements would help?

> Around 20 volunteers from the Italian community are now testing the "RC1";
> bugs will be reported in BugZilla, possible release stoppers discussed
> here. It is extremely easier to get volunteers to test a release at this
> (late) stage than in any earlier moment, people are much more motivated
> when a release is approaching. We are basing our tests on the Italian
> translation/adaptation of
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.