incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Has the AOO 3.4 RC been released?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 00:22:32 GMT
On 4/18/12 2:02 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Is there any reason why the developer snapshots, r1325589, the same files as currently
linked as RC1 candidates, can't simply be used under the condition that they are not yet releases
but are essentially feature-frozen and stable (but for any last-minute show-stopper bugs)?
 They should not be redistributed or placed in product yet, of course.

3.3.0:<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots>?

>   - Dennis

sure, people can use it and can test it in the same way as before.
Taking it from this page should make clear that it's adev snapshot. But
if people take it from the release candidate wiki the expectation might
be different.

The reason why we point on the same bits is simply the amount of data
that we have to move and to upload. Especially the upload is not always
fun. Means mainly practical reasons.

Juergen