incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Dictionary extensions
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 01:43:34 GMT
On 16.04.2012 17:33, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 01:37:45PM +0800, Andre Fischer wrote:
>> As for the downloaded extension.  I see this problem as an
>> inconvenience at best.  For a new extension you have to update the
>> main/extensions.lst file anyway, so that the new MD5 sum is used.
>> If you do a clean build then everything is fine.
>
> That's not the case, unless by clean build you mean removing the whole
> source tree and checking the source again.

That is indeed what I meant.

> Reading
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots#AOO3.4UnofficialDeveloperSnapshots-buildflags
> it does not seem the case with the MacOS script, and I do (only) clean
> the source tree:
>
> cd trunk
> rm -rf */*/unxlngx6.pro
> rm -rf */*/unxlngi6.pro
> rm -rf main/solver/*/unxlngx6.pro
> rm -rf main/solver/*/unxlngi6.pro

I prefer

rm -rf main/solver
cd instsetoo_native
build --prepare --from solenv

but that would not solve the problem either.

> That's what I understand as a clean build.
> Of course I can remove the whole source tree and check it again, but you
> can not expect everyone building AOO to do so.

No, I guess not.  I admit that the current behavior has to be improved.
  I will do that after the 3.4 release.

>> The described problem occurs only if one tries to save time by
>> reusing previously downloaded extensions.
>
> The time is saved by not checking out the whole source tree, not the
> previously downloaded extensions, they are downloaded to a folder that
> contains source.

You save time by

- not checking out the source tree
- not downloading source tar balls
- not downloading dictionaries/extensions

As I said above, I will improve this after the release.
Something like:

     Download extension if
     - it is missing from ext_sources/
     - the extension in ext_sources/ has a different MD5 checksum from
       the one in main/extensions.lst

Other, better ideas?