incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Ditching our mirror system for an inferior solution?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:12:39 GMT
Am 04/16/2012 01:09 AM, schrieb Peter Pöml:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Am 13.04.2012 um 20:47 schrieb Joe Schaefer:
>> Not what I need atm drew.  I'm looking
>> for the names/addresses of people associated
>> with this PPMC who manage the network-
>> ie the local analog of Henk.  Peter is
>> one guy, are there any others?
>
> No others.
>
> Of course, there is Marcus Lange, maintaining the download logic on the website, and
helping out with MirrorBrain maintenance recently;

Just to clarify a thing as my name was mentioned.

I've worked much more on the download webpages (HTML, CSS and
JavaScript) than on MirrorBrain things.

I was happy when found out how to add or modify a mirror entry in
MirrorBrain's database (add new, disable/delete no longer existing
onces, etc.). Just some simple command line things.

But even when I think I roughly knows how MirrorBrain is working, I've
no technical knowledge how MirrorBrain is really working nor do I know
how to install, update, start/stop the software.

I've no problem to learn some more (in my short spare time) if there is
a clear way to support and use MirrorBrain for our downloads. Currently
I've no clue how to connect our download section with the closer.cgi.

Marcus

> then there was Takamichi Akiyama (no idea if he's still active) - he maintained the website
that listed the mirrors;
> (http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/mirrors/)
>
> there have been Stefan Taxhet, Frank Mau, Joost Andrae, who maintained the release process
- no longer here; Florian Effenberger, community manager - no longer here.