incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot select a different icon set
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:06:48 GMT
On 04/16/12 05:06, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:18:13AM -0500, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>> IMHO we shouldn't remove anything, on the contrary we should revert all
>>> changes: the list of icon styles is filled in the constructor of
>>> OfaViewTabPage. Ultimately, the existence of an icon set is checked on
>>> bool ImplImageTree::checkStyle(rtl::OUString const&   style) so that
>>> non-existent icon styles are removed from the list box.
>>>
>>> IMO we should keep all the list as it was before, with all icon styles,
>>> so that the user can install by herself/himself the ones AOO can't ship
>>> due to license issues.
>>>
>>> This means reverting changes in
>>> ::rtl::OUString StyleSettings::ImplSymbolsStyleToName( sal_uLong nStyle ) const
>>> sal_uLong StyleSettings::ImplNameToSymbolsStyle( const ::rtl::OUString&rName
) const
>>> sal_uLong StyleSettings::GetAutoSymbolsStyle() const
>>>
>>> and some other places.
>> That is not a bad idea, but still that would mean changing again the menus
>> to bring back the Crystal icons, which would not be there by default.
> Bringing back the string item list as it was before, will imply
> translation work, so it must be done on trunk after AOO340 is branched.

OK. Let's say we revert those changes (after the release), we still
can't include the icons by default so the question is would they be
available as extensions or people would just untar them
themselves? FWIW, Windows users will likely don't care.

>> At the very least the crystal and Tango icons should be left towards
>> the end of the list and not in the middle as they were originally.
> Why? The order on the list box has to do with the constants order. If
> the icon set is not present, the corresponding list box item is removed
> at runtime,  in the constructor of OfaViewTabPage.

It's just for consistency: on main/vcl/inc/vcl/settings.hxx
we now have:

#define STYLE_SYMBOLS_THEMES_MAX    ((sal_uLong)5)

We will probably have to make this dynamic to support
themes but we should just keep the order for the static
ones (I think).

As a side note: on vcl/source/app/settings.cxx
bOpt became unused now. I do have a tested patch to
remove it but this doesn't trigger a WoE on my
system because it's conditionally set to false and I don't
want to remove it right now as we would likely have
bring it back to check for KDE/Gnome.

Pedro.