incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: Cannot select a different icon set
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:56:46 GMT
On 04/15/12 13:33, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:59:29AM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> While trying to verify if an old problem (i.e., Crystal still listed
>> in the icon sets, see ) was still around -
>> and honestly I expected it was, because my investigation at the time
>> seemed to show that localizing names in icon sets depended on the
>> order, i.e., you didn't translate "Crystal" but something like "icon
>> set #4" - I found an issue worth investigating.
>> On my latest dev build (Ariel's r1310206, 64-bit RPM, Italian) I
>> cannot change the icon set used. Whatever I choose in Tools -
>> Options - View, the default icon style is set to "Automatico ()" and
>> while 4 options to change it are listed (Galaxy, Contrasto Elevato -
>> High Contrast, Industrial, Tango) neither of them produces any
>> visible effect.
>> If reproducible, this would be a high-priority issue, especially
>> considering that the high-contrast icon set (albeit suboptimal) is
>> currently used for accessibility reasons too. But, before I open an
>> issue for it, can anybody confirm? (It may be normal that behavior
>> on Windows is different).
> The fix is rather trivial, just removing a constant and adapting the
> remaining values.

I committed the fix (I had a blackout between the commit and the moment
I did the followup on BZ). Hope you don't mind but I didn't see a good
reason to keep the issue waiting.

> Now that I've read the code, it is possible to revert some changes and
> modify the code so that the user can install by himself/herself the
> images removed by the IP clearance
> in /opt/ and she/he will be able to
> select them from the listbox.
> I've tried it, and it works.

This would be interesting. Please note there are new Tango icons
under CC-SA reported in BZ 114171. We should probably wait
until after the release though.



View raw message