incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible fraud??
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 10:49:02 GMT
On 13/04/2012 Keith Shafe wrote:
> There is a guy on ebay selling Open Office 3.3 which I was led to believe
> was a free download.

I don't know the EBay Terms and condition, but the license does not
forbid this kind of sales.

I just found out that we even have a page about it:
http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/ebay_page.html
but we might want to review it carefully. Maybe it is only reachable
trough search engines, I didn't find it by browsing the site.

In an earlier occurrence of this issue, Cristian Lohmaier and me had
both suggested that when someone asks for permission to use the logo on
EBay we require that he explicitly states that OpenOffice can be
downloaded for free from the http://www.openoffice.org website. Nobody
commented, but with OpenOffice 3.4 approaching it would be good to agree
on a way to handle these requests/situations.

Regards,
   Andrea.