incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: showstopper Bug 119215 - save operation fail and prompt continuing to save endlessly on r1309668-Chinese China (zh-CN) version
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:53:59 GMT
On 4/12/12 11:43 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just short in front of starting the vote for our RC after
> uploading a new Windows version based on r1310206 to have the same
> version on all platforms.
>
> But we have found a further serious issue that is definitely a showstopper
>
> Bug 119215 - save operation fail and prompt continuing to save endlessly
> on r1309668-Chinese China (zh-CN) version
>
> I was able to confirm it for pt-Br on MacOS. We have to analyze this
> problem. It seems to be a relation with partly wrong/missing
> translations and the save problem that we didn't understand right now.
>
> Both pr-Br and zh-CN versions have the problem with a partly wrong
> translation, at least some menu items are still English and in both
> versions saving of a new document is not possible.
>
> Maybe other languages are effected as well...
>
> I will keep you informed!
>
> Juergen

I believe that I have found the problem. I have to built now again over
night to verify it. I will keep you informed...

We use language id's like pt-BR, zh-CN, ... and on the pootle server
they are pt_BR, zh_CN. That seems to be a problem that for all languages
with a "-" the localize.sdf file contains "_" and the conversion into
xcu files doesn't understand both and generated nothing. Well I am
guessing right now only because it is late in China and I still have
some Jet lag but the built is running and I will see the result tomorrow
morning.

Hopefully that will fix the problem and we can move on with our RC ;-)

Good night

Juergen

PS: I am not sure if it can be changed on pootle, I have to check it.
Otherwise we have to convert it on fly before we check the sdf files.