incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Josef Latt <Josef.L...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Bundled extensions
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 06:48:28 GMT
Hi,

Am 12.04.2012 06:46, schrieb Andre Fischer:

> Which ones and why? Do you want to drop any non-german dictionary, or
> any extension that is not de-DE?

- dict-de_DE-frami_2011-06-03.oxt
- a modified dict-en.oxt with GB only
- report-builder

>> If you remain to bundle extensions it would be easier to prevent (with a
>> separate package) that they will be installed.
>
> Would that really be the right place to make extensions optional?
> I am not so sure.

With windows you can do a user defined installation to deselect unwanted
things. With linux this should be also possible before installation.
It's not necessary that each new version installs per default extensions
which I don't want, espacially the older ones remain.

Regards
Josef

--
PGP Schl├╝ssel: 311D1055