incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] Download button on home page footer modification
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:02:17 GMT

On 04/11/2012 02:52 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 04/11/2012 10:07 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> Hi all--
>>
>> Right now when you click on the "I want to download OpenOffice.org" on
>> the home page, you get a LARGE button to click to start the download,
>> but also have an additional footer area with the following links:
>>
>> * Get all platforms and languages
>> * Release notes
>> * MD5 checksums
>> * ISO images
>> * order CD-ROM
>> * P2P downloads
>>
>> I am contemplating chagng "Release Notes" to "More Download Information"
>>
>> and routing folks to http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
>>
>> which HAS release notes in addition to other information -- installation
>> guides, etc.
>
> I remember there was already the link "Other platforms and languages"
> which referred to the "other.html" webpage. I just added some others
> (over the time) to point the users directly to the wished information,
> so that they don't need to go over the download area.
>
> Today it's maybe a bit too much information. I don't know. ;-)

I understand. Oddly this page you're referring to does not include
either release notes, or installation instructions which I why I want to
do this.

>> Does anyone take issue with this relatively minor edit?
>
> You mean under the green download button there will be only the following?
>
> "Get all platforms and languages" | "More Download Information"

oh hey! I was going to leave the other stuff on DL options but your
suggestion is even better since the page I want to use already contains
that! Good call, Marcus! :)

> If so, go for it.
>
> Marcus

MzK