incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [WWW] Download button on home page footer modification
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:52:53 GMT
Am 04/11/2012 10:07 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> Hi all--
>
> Right now when you click on the "I want to download OpenOffice.org" on
> the home page, you get a LARGE button to click to start the download,
> but also have an additional footer area with the following links:
>
> * Get all platforms and languages
> * Release notes
> * MD5 checksums
> * ISO images
> * order CD-ROM
> * P2P downloads
>
> I am contemplating chagng "Release Notes" to "More Download Information"
>
> and routing folks to http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
>
> which HAS release notes in addition to other information -- installation
> guides, etc.

I remember there was already the link "Other platforms and languages"
which referred to the "other.html" webpage. I just added some others
(over the time) to point the users directly to the wished information,
so that they don't need to go over the download area.

Today it's maybe a bit too much information. I don't know. ;-)

> Does anyone take issue with this relatively minor edit?

You mean under the green download button there will be only the following?

"Get all platforms and languages" | "More Download Information"

If so, go for it.

Marcus