incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Bundled extensions
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 01:28:57 GMT
On 4/10/12 3:45 PM, O.Felka wrote:
> Am 10.04.2012 15:28, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:43 AM, O.Felka<olaf-openoffice@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>> The bad news:
>>> - The error
>>> "http://download.translate.org.za/spellchecker/dict-en_ZA-latest.update.xml
>>>
>>> does not exist." is still present -> looks not very professional.
>>
>> That URL is an external one, not one that we control. Do you know
>> what the behavior is in OOo 3.3 when checking for an update of that
>> extension?
>
> No, I have no idea what OOo 3.3 will do. But I think it would behave the
> same.
> But I'm sure we wouldn't have bundled it.

yes it should it be the same problem in OOo3.3. I would propose that we
don't bundle extensions that will include an external update Url or
something like that.

We should bundle extension only that will be supported and completely
handled by our extension repo.

If no update Url is given in the extension and the extension is
distributed via the ext repo the update info Was (and hopefully is, will
be) generated on demand.

Juergen