incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:03:31 GMT
All Apache committers are allowed to add their own personal blogs -
whether they're related to their Apache project work or not - as feeds
to Planet Apache.

   Read: http://planet.apache.org/committers/
   Config: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/planet/committers.ini

Do folks here know who runs the existing http://planetopenoffice.org/
aggregation site?  It already has quite a number of feeds in it.  Domain
is owned by Kahlil Johson, or jzarecta@g... from Mexico.

If the AOO PPMC and larger community want to organize a single site to
aggregate committers and community members' blogs, that would be great.
  Personally I like the community aspect of Planet Apache, in that some
committers only blog about technology, but many of them blog about
personal and other issues too.

Hey, the https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/planet/FAQ file has a note:
Q. How can I make category RSS feeds in MovableType?
A. See: http://www.hutteman.com/weblog/2003/03/07-49.html
    but you'll need a sufficently new version of MovableType.

If the PPMC gets organized about this, I don't see why we couldn't host
it at planet.oo.o directly.  That would likely mean only committers'
blogs content would be added, since it's on an official Apache domain.
Similarly, folks interested in setting up aggregators should take a look
at Venus, which is a great aggregator:

   http://intertwingly.net/code/venus/

- Shane