incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] *REVISED* new logo in production
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 16:11:46 GMT

On 04/05/2012 05:09 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Thanks to all for responding to the earlier call for help with the new logo,
>> and especially to Michael Acevedo for providing a new un-blurred version to
>> us!
>>

> Cool!
>
> Do we want the same logo on the podling site as well?
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

Currently, my thought on this is "no". In my opinion, the "podling
site", and future project site might be better with its own logo. This
would be a clear differentiation to users/visitors as to where they are
and what they might expect at the different web sites.

Right now with the new "orb" log on the (legacy/user portal) web site --
www.openoffice.org -- I might suggest Drew's first logo with the feather
would be a good candidate for this... Perhaps using "Project Portal"
instead of "Free and Open Productivity Suite" or something like that
might be a good idea.

Basically, I think we would better serve our users if we kept these two
sites "visually" separate in some way.

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,
                                     -- Robert Heinlein