incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WWW] Tutorial to put online - Translating branding and navigation
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 18:48:45 GMT
On 05/04/2012 Dave Fisher wrote:
> Here is what you would do to effect all of the FR site at once for
> translated branding and navigation buttons:

Thanks for the detailed instructions, that should definitely be put on
the wiki. I tried to apply them to the IT site:
Everything seems OK, but I can't see the changes at
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/it/ or
http://www.openoffice.org/it/

> (1) Create trunk/templates/fr/ssi.mdtext from templates/ssi.mdtext
> ... Change /brand.mdtext to /fr/brand.html Change /topnav.mdtext to
> /fr/topnav.mdtext

I did this, just replacing "fr" -> "it".

> (2) Copy /trunk/content/brand.mdtext from content/brand.mdtext

Here I actually copied content/brand.mdtext to content/it/brand.mdtext
(which is probably what you meant) and edited accordingly.

> (3) Copy /trunk/content/topnav.mdtext from content/topnav.mdtext

Same as (2).

> Commit all three changes at once and the whole of the FR part of the
> site takes these changes at once. O(1) operation.

I committed, the build was triggered and succeeded but I don't see the
changes.

> If you would like I'll create the mdtext files and then you can
> translate.

This would probably be helpful to all native-lang projects, since even
those not familiar with SVN could simply submit the translated version
of their mdtext files.

Regards,
   Andrea.