incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO timeline of accomplishments -- native language mailing lists
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 16:02:55 GMT

On 04/07/2012 06:00 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 11/03/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
>> Was the Brazilian list ever created? If so, what is the list address?
>> I don't see anything listed here:
>> In fact, I don't see any of the NL lists listed. It would be good if
>> the list moderators could update that page to include their info.
>
> I understand it was later decided not to list all native-lang mailing
> lists there. But I added a notice to that page saying that native-lang
> mailing lists exist and that they can (well, should) be found by
> browsing the individual native-lang websites listed at
> http://www.openoffice.org/projects/native-lang.html
>
> Regards,
> Andrea.

Andrea--

At the last update to the icubator page you mentioned above, I think
only the French list was not included, it was "in request" when I did
this update. You woule need to search INFRA requests to determine really
what is established (Apache condoned) at this time. So, good that you
put some information about the Native Language Mailing lists on :

but I think the new link you added really needs to go to the project
(incubator) page on Native Languages  for now:
  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html

and not the existing (legacy) native language main page.

What you're saying makes perfect sense in the long term, but for the
moment we don't have enough involvement from native language
participants to directly edit the native language pages to add the
mailing list information to each main native language site.

So, if you could change the link you put into
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/mailing-lists.html

that would be good, and I will try to keep up with new native-language
mailing lists a bit more.

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,
                                     -- Robert Heinlein