incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Who can help modify the licese page?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 16:44:00 GMT
On 04/06/12 09:17, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> Is there a reason why the page should mix together copyright
>>> statements on the website as well as license statements on the
>>> releases?  Especially since this link appears on every page, it is
>>> confusing.
>> Yes, we are still distributing the legacy code.
>>
> That is not a very good reason, IMHO.  I think we should put the
> legacy license prominent on the legacy download page.  But I don't see
> why it should be in the footer of *every* openoffice.org web page.

I think we should discontinue the LGPL downloads as soon as
there is the Apache Release. The archive will remain available
but it should be clear that we will not support the legacy
versions or the previous licensing schemes.

If some hypothetical user reports a LGPL violation here were
are not going to do anything about it, except to show them the
way to the AL2 code and a give them a pat in the back.

Pedro.

Pedro.