incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: openoffice cannot be launched after upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 on Ubuntu?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 22:41:38 GMT
Andre Fischer wrote:
> I have on plea to all of us: if you find any ugly crashes, please flag
> them as potential show stopper as soon as possible. Remember, we are
> nearing our first release candidate.

I found a few bad crashes (actually application freezes, including:
inability to open an ODT document saved with an earlier dev snapshot;
freeze on right-click on a misspelled word) this week with r1303653; but
the problems disappeared and everything was back to normal stability
after I removed the .openoffice.org directory. My profile is shared
among OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 and several beta, dev and self-built
versions, so people who find repeatable crashes/freezes might want to
remove the .openoffice.org directory and retry before reporting them as
bugs.

Regards,
   Andrea.