incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to report a build breaker in BZ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 19:20:42 GMT
Hi Pedro,

> [...]
>> Do you happen to have a link to the diff?
>
> You are warned that it's really ugly. The bug is
> in VCL or in STLport but we workaround it in
> Graphite:
>
> http://s.apache.org/HPl

Have you tried if it works when you build with this patch?

If it does then maybe a define to "enable unicode support" for your
system STL is missing somewhere (e.g. _GLIBCXX_USE_WCHAR_T?). I'm sorry
I can't help more as I don't have such a system and I'll be away for a
few days (first the holidays then a bit in the hospital...)

> [...]
>> I'd put it into GSL, because GSL ("graphics system layer")
>> libraries are involved.
>
> Thanks! It is not clear to the new guys (like me) so
> some polishing from our bugzilla experts is welcome.

Well the problem was that there is a big asymmetry in bugzilla: creating
a new category was easy, removing it once issues have been filed against
it is a lot of work.

This is even more so with version numbers. The ability to deprecate old
version will that will be possible once our bugzilla is upgraded will
help a bit to relieve the asymmetrie.

If we started all anew then having categories for just each app and for
framework, localizations, platform support, SDK and external-deps should
have sufficed.

Herbert