incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to report a build breaker in BZ?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:01:01 GMT
On 04/05/2012 07:12 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> There is a build breaker on FreeBSD when building vcl with silgraphite.
> It's something related to STLport ...
> ___
> [ build DEP ] LNK:Library/libvcl.so
> [ build CXX ] vcl/source/glyphs/glyphcache
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.2/memory:53,

This looks like the compiler provided STL not STLport.

Mixing these two template libraries is not a good idea, e.g. when using
the system silgraphite with system STL and the internal AOO libs with
the in-tree STLport. I guess it will work better if you don't run
configure -with-system-graphite, but only with --enable-graphite. Then
AOO will build graphite with the same STL template library it is using
itself.

> Maho-san has a workaround in the BSD port that is not acceptable for
> the codebase [...]

Do you happen to have a link to the diff?

> [...]
> Unfortunately, despite the BZ cleanup, it is still not clear to me on which
> category this should be filed in! It is not installation error, nor ucb
> or sdk
> or wp (that category probably doesn't belong in our bz anymore), how
> should it be classified, a new category perhaps?

I'd put it into GSL, because GSL ("graphics system layer") libraries are
involved.

Herbert