incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS]Alternative for Report Builder?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 05:42:26 GMT
On 04/05/12 00:15, Juergen Schmidt wrote:
> On Thursday, 5. April 2012 at 02:52, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> FWIW,
>>
>> --- Mer 4/4/12, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> In the discussion of CloudStack on general@i.a.o where
>>> there is significant GPL changes that need to occur, the
>>> Apache APR was suggested as an alternative with a pointer to
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/README
>>>
>>>      Multiple SQL DBD client interfaces
>>>      Multiple flat-database DBM client
>>> interfaces
>>
>> APR has some optional wrappers but they are not included
>> by default because they depend on copyleft stuff.
>>
>> Maybe this could help as a BerkeleyDB replacement:
>> http://code.google.com/p/babudb/
>>
>> (I found it only after we had replaced BDB on OpenOffice).
> well that's really not necessary, BDB was used in 1 place only (ext
> manager) and is replaced with something lightweight. No need for a db
> here.

Yes, yes ... this was completely off-topic. I am just wondering about the
list of IP requirements Apache OpenCloud will have. It will be a rather
interesting process, similarly fun as OpenOffice... but I will abstain from
joining for now :-P.

Pedro.

ps. I'll be back to the regular "release mode" schedule after the Holy Week.