incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject DicOOo Wizard ?? (+en_GB dictionary) (was Re: [RELEASE]: status update and plan)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:48:27 GMT
On 04/04/12 14:37, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 04/04/2012 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 4/4/12 7:56 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> So it looks like we have the major languages covered well. Except
>>> British
>>> English? Do we have a separate translation there? Or at least a
>>> separate
>>> spell checking dictionary?
>> I have updated en_GB on Pootle and can include it as well. The coverage
>> looks not bad but I haven't checked the numbers
>> There is no dictionary available as far as I know.
>
> Note that, for some obscure limitation, a popular choice for people
> who installed a non-English version and needed to use the English
> interface from time to time was to install the en-GB langpack on the
> non-English version, since en-US was not available as langpack.
>
> I don't know whether there is an en-GB dictionary available, but it's
> probably worth having a look at some old (3.4-beta, or 3.3) en-GB
> langpack.

Found it:

http://en-gb.pyxidium.co.uk/dictionary/en_GB.zip

(According to Bugzilla 4168 it is GPL'd)

There are more dictionaries here:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

Hmm.. according to that page there was once a DicOOo wizard!
Anyone knows anything about it? Sounds like something we
may want to resurrect.

cheers,

Pedro.