incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: status update and plan
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:37:58 GMT
On 04/04/2012 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 4/4/12 7:56 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> So it looks like we have the major languages covered well. Except British
>> English? Do we have a separate translation there? Or at least a separate
>> spell checking dictionary?
> I have updated en_GB on Pootle and can include it as well. The coverage
> looks not bad but I haven't checked the numbers
> There is no dictionary available as far as I know.

Note that, for some obscure limitation, a popular choice for people who
installed a non-English version and needed to use the English interface
from time to time was to install the en-GB langpack on the non-English
version, since en-US was not available as langpack.

I don't know whether there is an en-GB dictionary available, but it's
probably worth having a look at some old (3.4-beta, or 3.3) en-GB langpack.

Regards,
   Andrea.