incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS]Alternative for Report Builder?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:58:12 GMT
On 04/04/12 11:14, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 03/04/12 22:00, Ariel Constenla-Haile a écrit :
>
> Hi All,
>
>> That is, someone has to build them (and maintain them) as external
>> projects.
> And that someone will find that, at least insofar as the MySQL connector
> extension is concerned, it will have to be built for each distrib and
> bit-type architecture, whereas Sun/Oracle managed to produce an almost
> "generic" extension on Linux that worked with most distribs. It also
> provided builds for Solaris, Mac and Windows. That was one hell of a lot
> of work...

Well... if someone rolls out the sources, for Mac, Windows
and probably even Solaris we have volunteers.

The linux issue happens with almost any type of software so
ultimately If the extensions are worth it, the linux distributions
will do it (and I would do it for my system too), the rest will
have learn to roll their own, but that's the beauty of
opensource.

Pedro.