incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: status update and plan
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:29:15 GMT
On 4/4/12 11:10 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 4/4/12 9:58 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 4/3/12 7:23 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> On 4/2/12 1:31 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>> I would like to give short update where we are and how I would like to
>>>> move forward.
>>>> A detailed QA report was sent by Lily already. Thanks for that
>>>> Showstopper Issues:
>>>> - Bug 119098 - check/adapt license header based on RAT output and SGA
>>>> Work in progress, we have 68 files left that are part of the SGA and we
>>>> are working on these files. Either we add a license or include them in
>>>> the exclude list with an appropriate comment.
>>>> - Bug 119113 - bundled dictionaries are not available when upgrading
>>>> OOo
>>>> 3.3
>>>> Fix in place that will be tested right now
>>>> We are working on this and we are working to update the existing files
>>>> for the src releasse. And we create NOTICE/LICENSE snippets that
>>>> will be
>>>> added to the src NOTICE/LICENSE file for our binaries.
>>>> A new issue will be created for this.
>>>> Plan is to have everything in place until tomorrow.
>>>> Translation
>>>> We take the updated translations from Pootle (or from issues) and
>>>> convert them back into sdf files and integrate them in the svn. Already
>>>> done for "es". External provided po files will be updated on Pootle as
>>>> well (as already done for Finnish, thanks Risto for the update)
>>>> This should be also finished tomorrow so that we can start a RC build
>>>> immediately after everything is in place.
>>>> I hope we can deliver a nice Easter egg for all of us and especially
>>>> for
>>>> our users ;-)
>>> ok some more problems came up and should be solved now. Hopefully the
>>> RAT output becomes clean with the latest patches.
>>> I have updated the languages that are available on Pootle. External
>>> received po files are synced in Pootle as well.
>>> When the build bot tonight will succeed and my local test build with the
>>> languages "en-US ar de cs fr es gl it ja zh-CN pt-BR nl hu ru zh-TW fi"
>>> will succeed as well, we can start a new build tomorrow.
>>> Ok when I am able to check in the files, currently svn is not talking
>>> with me :-(
>>> More info tomorrow ...
>> some problems with the translation (wrong tags etc.) and referenced
>> LICENSE_en-US files... We are working on it and the plan is to start a
>> new build later today.
> finding/fixing errors in the translation is very time consuming. Right
> now I have errors in the Spanish help translation. what I have seen so
> far mismatched xml tags.
> Ariel, I am not sure if these the errors you have mentioned earlier. But
> if you have already a fix for them please let me no. Rebuilding the
> helpcontent2 module is painful.

I have found errors so far in "es", "fr", "it", "gl". Always mismatched 
xml tags :-(

The problem is that the build system does very strange things when 
building helpcontent2 and it takes a lot of time to verify changes.

The good things is that during the waiting times I have prepared some 
scripts to update the Pootle server with further languages. I will 
continue this Pootle update with all languages we have so far. This 
should give us a good overview where we are with the translations. And 
hopefully further people will start/continue to work on this.

As soon as I have verified the updated languages we can start the 
proposed build. I think the translations are the only missing pieces now 
and we have fixed all critical issues.

I am tired and hungry now and will go home but will continue the 
verification later.


View raw message