incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: status update and plan
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:29:15 GMT
On 4/4/12 11:10 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 4/4/12 9:58 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

>>> ok some more problems came up and should be solved now. Hopefully the
>>> RAT output becomes clean with the latest patches.
>>>
>>> I have updated the languages that are available on Pootle. External
>>> received po files are synced in Pootle as well.
>>>
>>> When the build bot tonight will succeed and my local test build with the
>>> languages "en-US ar de cs fr es gl it ja zh-CN pt-BR nl hu ru zh-TW fi"
>>> will succeed as well, we can start a new build tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Ok when I am able to check in the files, currently svn is not talking
>>> with me :-(
>>>
>>> More info tomorrow ...
>>
>> some problems with the translation (wrong tags etc.) and referenced
>> LICENSE_en-US files... We are working on it and the plan is to start a
>> new build later today.
>
> finding/fixing errors in the translation is very time consuming. Right
> now I have errors in the Spanish help translation. what I have seen so
> far mismatched xml tags.
>
> Ariel, I am not sure if these the errors you have mentioned earlier. But
> if you have already a fix for them please let me no. Rebuilding the
> helpcontent2 module is painful.

I have found errors so far in "es", "fr", "it", "gl". Always mismatched
xml tags :-(

The problem is that the build system does very strange things when
building helpcontent2 and it takes a lot of time to verify changes.

The good things is that during the waiting times I have prepared some
scripts to update the Pootle server with further languages. I will
continue this Pootle update with all languages we have so far. This
should give us a good overview where we are with the translations. And
hopefully further people will start/continue to work on this.

As soon as I have verified the updated languages we can start the
proposed build. I think the translations are the only missing pieces now
and we have fixed all critical issues.

I am tired and hungry now and will go home but will continue the
verification later.

Juergen