incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: status update and plan
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:10:36 GMT
On 4/4/12 9:58 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 4/3/12 7:23 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 4/2/12 1:31 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to give short update where we are and how I would like to
>>> move forward.
>>>
>>> A detailed QA report was sent by Lily already. Thanks for that
>>>
>>>
>>> Showstopper Issues:
>>> - Bug 119098 - check/adapt license header based on RAT output and SGA
>>>
>>> Work in progress, we have 68 files left that are part of the SGA and we
>>> are working on these files. Either we add a license or include them in
>>> the exclude list with an appropriate comment.
>>>
>>> - Bug 119113 - bundled dictionaries are not available when upgrading OOo
>>> 3.3
>>>
>>> Fix in place that will be tested right now
>>>
>>>
>>> LICENSE/NOTICE
>>> We are working on this and we are working to update the existing files
>>> for the src releasse. And we create NOTICE/LICENSE snippets that will be
>>> added to the src NOTICE/LICENSE file for our binaries.
>>>
>>> A new issue will be created for this.
>>>
>>> Plan is to have everything in place until tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Translation
>>>
>>> We take the updated translations from Pootle (or from issues) and
>>> convert them back into sdf files and integrate them in the svn. Already
>>> done for "es". External provided po files will be updated on Pootle as
>>> well (as already done for Finnish, thanks Risto for the update)
>>>
>>> This should be also finished tomorrow so that we can start a RC build
>>> immediately after everything is in place.
>>>
>>>
>>> I hope we can deliver a nice Easter egg for all of us and especially for
>>> our users ;-)
>>
>> ok some more problems came up and should be solved now. Hopefully the
>> RAT output becomes clean with the latest patches.
>>
>> I have updated the languages that are available on Pootle. External
>> received po files are synced in Pootle as well.
>>
>> When the build bot tonight will succeed and my local test build with the
>> languages "en-US ar de cs fr es gl it ja zh-CN pt-BR nl hu ru zh-TW fi"
>> will succeed as well, we can start a new build tomorrow.
>>
>> Ok when I am able to check in the files, currently svn is not talking
>> with me :-(
>>
>> More info tomorrow ...
>
> some problems with the translation (wrong tags etc.) and referenced
> LICENSE_en-US files... We are working on it and the plan is to start a
> new build later today.

finding/fixing errors in the translation is very time consuming. Right 
now I have errors in the Spanish help translation. what I have seen so 
far mismatched xml tags.

Ariel, I am not sure if these the errors you have mentioned earlier. But 
if you have already a fix for them please let me no. Rebuilding the 
helpcontent2 module is painful.

Juergen

>
> Juergen
>
>
>>
>> Anyway this build is intended to become our first RC. But before we
>> start voting we should take a closer look on it.
>>
>> Translation coverage:
>> ar Arabic 95% 1%
>> cs Czech 99% 91%
>> de German 98% 97%
>> es Spanish 100% 100%
>> fi Finnish 100% 97%
>> fr French 100% 100%
>> gl Galician 98% 55%
>> hu Hungarian 100% 98%
>> it Italian 99% 100%
>> ja Japanese 97% 97%
>> nl Dutch 100% 99%
>> pt_BR Portuguese Brazil 100% 97%
>> ru Russian 99% 97%
>> zh_TW Chinese (China) 99% 99%
>> zh-CN Chinese (Taiwan) 98% 98%
>>
>>
>> Juergen
>>
>


Mime
View raw message