incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] new logo in staging only...I think we need a graphic modification
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:59:01 GMT

On 04/03/2012 03:46 PM, drew jensen wrote:
> Maybe one of should drop Michael Acevedo a note, see if he already has a
> source file handy - xcf, svg.
>
> If not - I don't know of a svg (or any vector based) file for the bug
> part of the image - I know how to recreate one properly from the 256px
> png image and would be more then willing to do that, and recreate a
> likeness of the orb logo design all vector based and a jpg from that.
>
> I could likely have that here pretty quickly - it would be polite though
> to email Michael first however, I suppose.
>
> so - added him on CC to the mail here
>
> Howdy Michael,
>
> Good instincts on your proposal.. wondering if you have any source type
> fies for the jpg file posted t the wiki?
>

> //drew

OK, maybe I was a bit confusing, and I hope this elaboration helps.

What I think would be ideal is for someone to take the "cropped" image I
did that is in svn at--

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg

this is now 217 x 79

re-size it "up" to 275 x 100

with clear lettering instead of the blurring that happens

I have just about NO talent with graphics editing at all.

So thanks for any help with this.

I also copied Michael...

> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 15:23 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Folks --
>>
>> The new logo is rendered on the staging web site right now--
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/
>>

>> It will not go into the production site, www.openoffice.org until
>> someone does a "publish" which I have not yet done. I'm not happy with
>> the size or positioning of the new logo.
>>
>> I rendered an alternate version of it -- cropped -- in
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg
>>
>> This actually looks pretty  good *except* the image itself is 217 x 79,
>> and somehow the web site wants to render it at 275 x 100, which
>> positioning wise is SUPER, but then the lettering is quite blurry.
>>
>> screen capture of what happened is at:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Web+Site+with+Proposed+Logos
>>

>> So, I would LOVE for some creative person out there to take
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg
>> (cropped version is in svn also)
>>
>> change it's size to 275 x 100 and make the lettering better.
>>
>> On the other hand, if you love the staging rendering, I'll go ahead and
>> publish it.

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,
                                     -- Robert Heinlein