incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject [WWW] new logo in staging only...I think we need a graphic modification
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:23:08 GMT
Folks --

The new logo is rendered on the staging web site right now--
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/

It will not go into the production site, www.openoffice.org until
someone does a "publish" which I have not yet done. I'm not happy with
the size or positioning of the new logo.

I rendered an alternate version of it -- cropped -- in
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg

This actually looks pretty  good *except* the image itself is 217 x 79,
and somehow the web site wants to render it at 275 x 100, which
positioning wise is SUPER, but then the lettering is quite blurry.

screen capture of what happened is at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Web+Site+with+Proposed+Logos

So, I would LOVE for some creative person out there to take

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg
(cropped version is in svn also)

change it's size to 275 x 100 and make the lettering better.

On the other hand, if you love the staging rendering, I'll go ahead and
publish it.

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,
                                     -- Robert Heinlein