incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Brouwer <si...@brousant.nl>
Subject names of the project and the product
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:26:18 GMT
Hi all,

On the current front page of nl.openoffice.org, which I am starting to
update, it is explained how OpenOffice.org is both the name of our
project and our product.

I am  not sure whether this is still accurate. In various places in the
software, such as the general starting screen and the "about"-dialog, it
appears to be presented quite prominently as Apache OpenOffice (or
Apache Open Office?).

On the other hand in the software and on the website the product is
still mostly referred to as OpenOffice.org.

Are we going to change the name or stick with the old one?
IMO using both sends out a confusing message.

--
Vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Simon Brouwer