incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] AOO logo rebranding...
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:54:46 GMT
On 3/31/12 6:02 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> We're getting very close to a 3.4 launch, and the time has come to move
> forward with a logo rebranidng for at least the user portal  web site,
>, and possibly the project web site as well,
> Quite a number of logo variations have been proposed for uses within
> OpenOffice, both internal to the program and other uses, page sidebars,
> Forum header, etc.
> The most recent discussion can be found at the following thread:
> a conversation started by Rob on March 15.
> You will note that one of  the outcomes of this discussion was the desire
> that a new logo NOT include the word "incubating" in the logo.
> What I think we need to focus on now, and get Lazy Consensus on, is a new
> logo for the upcoming release, 3.4. Internally, we've already started
> calling "Apache OpenOffice", and we need to move forward to
> complete this re-branding to the public.
> I've put 3 "web header" logos in...
> * AOO_orb1_logo_webSite.jpg<>
> * AOO_orb2_logo_webSite.jpg<>
> * AOOfeather_logo_webSite.png<>
> Please respond to this e-mail by selecting your favorite from these 3.
> Given the Lazy Consenus "process", discussion will be closed on Tuesday,
> April 2, 0900 PDT.
> Hopefully, we'll have a clear choice by then.

A clear vote for AOO_orb1_logo_webSite.jpg from me

The minimal required change to add Apache is done nice and it doesn't
change too much. We should be careful with changing too much the overall
branding for now. We should first make clear that our users understand
the relation between Apache and The brand and also the
logo are well known and I think it is important to keep and to protect
the brand by doing minor changes only.

View raw message