incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: CWS licensing query ...
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:38:58 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Apr 19, 2012, at 9:24 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> 	Just digging through the code looking at some (re)-licensing issues we
> have to deal with, and I'm wondering about the license of code in Child
> Workspaces (branches in Mercurial).
>
> 	It would be my hope (and for both project's benefit) that existing
> patches (ie. CWS), to the code that Oracle has contributed under the
> AL2, would also be available under the AL2.
>
> 	Is that the case ? reading:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/OOOUSERS/summary-of-apache-openoffice-34-ip-review-activities.html
>
> 	I see:
>
> 	"The ASF received two Software Grant Agreements from Oracle, the
> 	 first on June 1st, 2011 and a supplemental one on October 17th,
> 	 2011.  Presumably these agreements are available for inspection
> 	 by Apache Members."
>
> 	"The list of files covered by each of these grants, were
> 	 extracted from the SGA and can be found in _these files_"
>
> 	Which seems to just have flat lists of files, and I had a couple of
> questions:
>
> 	1. Are those SGA's unmodified, and/or does the scope extend
> 	   beyond the plain list of files, and just one version of
> 	   them ?
>
> 	2. Is the text of these SGA's made public somewhere ?
> 	   (prolly a FAQ) I'm confused by this 'Members only'
> 	   restriction that is presumed.

Good questions. I can partially answer: "Members only" refers to an Apache Software Foundation
Members private area.

> 	Anyhow - glad to see Oracle has got close to the end of getting the
> code out there: good stuff. It'd be nice to get some clarity around
> those CWS' that are not yet merged, eg. Armin's nice work in CWS aw080.

Armin has been working on aw080 in a branch here at AOO:  incubator/ooo/branches/alg/aw080

I know that people have made sure they have copies of mercurial.

> 	It'd be really useful to have a statement on that - or perhaps I just
> missed an existing one, help appreciated !

Maybe search the archives for aw080?

This is the help I can provide perhaps others will answer further.

Regards,
Dave