incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:21:29 GMT

On Apr 22, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 22, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>

>> You snipped out the important part:
>>

> Sorry, thought you answered your own question there.  But since you
> bring it up, there is no requirement for a DISCLAIMER file. There is
> however a requirement for making the user aware of the incubation
> disclaimer.  See this page, where several options are listed:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#notes-disclaimer

Keep in mind that page is clearly labeled as a "DRAFT".

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#status

The DISCLAIMER file is certainly in the correct place in the Source distribution.

I think that I answered the question, but I would like to ask our project Mentors if this
will be an issue in IPMC voting. I've seen enough on general@i.a.o to know that it may be
for some and not others.

So, while this is not a problem for me, if it is likely IPMC will request an RC2 over this
we should know now.

Regards,
Dave

> -Rob
>
>> The SDK and Binaries are missing the DISCLAIMER file. Is a missing Incubation DISCLAIMER
in a binary package enough to prevent release? I think probably not, but this may be an edge
case. The application pop-ups do mention "Incubation" and every page linked back to thewww.openoffice.org
shows the Disclaimer...