incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] more DL questions...language versions
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:02:24 GMT

On Apr 26, 2012, at 3:50 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 04/26/2012 11:59 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

>>> OK, Marcus --  I will take your advice and proceed...
>>
>> If the js can know the referring page and that can be from one of
> > supported NL pages like www.openoffice.org/de/ it would be good to
> > use that as well. That way someone from an English browser who goes
> > to www.openoffice.org/es/ and presses the download topnav button they
> > can start at their expected DL.
>
> This setting was done to let the NL team the freedom to decide where to point the user
for a download: the generic download webpage or a NL specific webpage.

> As there seems to be a growing consensus to use one only central download webpage and
logic, I think it's better to no longer follow this choice.

Then everyone get's the choice according to their browser, or, they get English and they have
to go to "other" if they don't like it. I'll wait and see how Kay does the new page when she
is ready.

Regards,
Dave