incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot select a different icon set
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:06:56 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:18:13AM -0500, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> >IMHO we shouldn't remove anything, on the contrary we should revert all
> >changes: the list of icon styles is filled in the constructor of
> >OfaViewTabPage. Ultimately, the existence of an icon set is checked on
> >bool ImplImageTree::checkStyle(rtl::OUString const&  style) so that
> >non-existent icon styles are removed from the list box.
> >
> >IMO we should keep all the list as it was before, with all icon styles,
> >so that the user can install by herself/himself the ones AOO can't ship
> >due to license issues.
> >
> >This means reverting changes in
> >::rtl::OUString StyleSettings::ImplSymbolsStyleToName( sal_uLong nStyle ) const
> >sal_uLong StyleSettings::ImplNameToSymbolsStyle( const ::rtl::OUString&rName
) const
> >sal_uLong StyleSettings::GetAutoSymbolsStyle() const
> >
> >and some other places.
>
> That is not a bad idea, but still that would mean changing again the menus
> to bring back the Crystal icons, which would not be there by default.

Bringing back the string item list as it was before, will imply
translation work, so it must be done on trunk after AOO340 is branched.

> At the very least the crystal and Tango icons should be left towards
> the end of the list and not in the middle as they were originally.

Why? The order on the list box has to do with the constants order. If
the icon set is not present, the corresponding list box item is removed
at runtime,  in the constructor of OfaViewTabPage.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina