incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linux builds
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:46:27 GMT
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 09:18:14AM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> In short, gid_Module_Root_Brand can be made a real meta package,
> and linuxreplaces is the only solution to remove old basis packages.
> (I still didn't look at the desktop integration package issue)

The desktop integration is built on trunk/main/sysui without the epm
thingy. The root problem was the same:

file $FILE from install of
openoffice.org3.1-redhat-menus-3.1-9420.noarch conflicts with file from
package openoffice.org3.0-redhat-menus-3.0-9354.noarch

The package names are different, so a newer package is not regarded by
default as update to the older package:

openoffice.org3.0-redhat-menus
openoffice.org3.1-redhat-menus

The solution: openoffice.org3.4-redhat-menus must obsolete the following
packages

openoffice.org3.0-redhat-menus
openoffice.org3.1-redhat-menus
openoffice.org3.2-redhat-menus