incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS]Alternative for Report Builder?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:00:57 GMT
On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 09:20:58PM +0200, FR web forum wrote:
> >> One of the volunteers on the ES forum expressed concern about the
> >> Oracle Report Builder (ORB) extension not working on AOO builds: it
> >> seems that the extension installs, but reports previously created with
> >> it do not run.
> >it is indeed a missing feature but we can't change it for now. But if
> >somebody is interested to build it as an extension and host it somewhere
> >else we will give support here how to do that.
>
> Why Oracle did not donate this OXT (and other like PDF Import)?
> ASF could not contact them to talk about?

The code is under the software grant. The issue here is that these
extensions rely on GPL libraries, though all related code is now under
ALv2:

* The MYSQL Connector:
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/mysqlc/

* The Report Builder:
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/reportbuilder/
  (extension code)
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/reportdesign/
  (office code)

* PDF Import:
  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/sdext/source/pdfimport/

That is, someone has to build them (and maintain them) as external
projects.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile