incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nancy K <nancythirt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Pinterest
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:14:28 GMT
I am excited about using this too! You mentioned using something fun or funny to promote this
on YouTube - the video could have a pin on Pinterest as well.  What about a title like 'Apache
road to Open Office' with a picture of a road full of patches....or...some picture of a popular
scene in an old movie, or a popular actor/actress with a close--up funny expression and a
few words watermarked on the picture - someone famous and funny (not political) could draw
attention.

The webinar I attended is free and will repeat next week - you have to sign up beforehand
to get access. The webinar is essentially a teaser for a class that they want you to purchase
- but you might like the insight it presented as well.
http://smmulive.com/pinterest-webinar/?utm_source=zin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20120424

Nancy
     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
Video courses on SEO, CMS,
Design and Software Courses

________________________________
 From: Xia Zhao <lilyzhao8@gmail.com>
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; Nancy K <nancythirteen@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: Pinterest

Nancy,

I like your idea very much! Currently Pinterest is very popular in Social
media and Social business in the world. More and more enterprise, community
etc use it to promote their product and business. Surely we can use it to
promote AOO 3.4 and further release.

I am writing one paper about "From Social Media to Social Business" these
days and is thinking how to promote AOO to the world except for the ways we
used before. Except Pinterest, Youtube is one good way we can use, I
suggest we record some video to doom AOO 3.4 and do something  funny about
the release etc. And promote it to Youtube.

We may work together. And anyone else has interesting? With AOO 3.4 is
released I suppose we should have some promotion activities.

Best regards,

Lily